LIGHT UP OUR WORLD
A Community Festival to Support Arts and Culture
5 pm-9:30 pm l Saturday, November 19, 2016 I Daly City’s City Hall, 333 90th Street, Daly City, CA 94015 l Free parking at nearby parking lots and streets l Take SamTrans 121, a 12 min ride from the Daly City Bart Station
FREE ADMISSION Great for families! RSVPs are encouraged to help plan supplies, but not required. Come early to pick up your candle for the 6 pm lighting ceremony!
MUSIC & DANCE • ART & POETRY • STORYTELLING • LANTERN MAKING & OTHER ART ACTIVITIES • DALY CITY FIREFIGHTERS’ FIRE LIGHT PERFORMANCE • CONTEST FOR BEST COSTUME WITH LIGHTS • FACE PAINTING • LED HULA HOOPING • WISHING TREE • SNAPFIESTA PHOTOBOOTH • Purchase food and beverages from your favorite food trucks: Jeepsilog, Linda’s Catering, and Taqueria El Grullense
LIGHT symbolizes enlightenment, creativity, joy, hope, and unity – which inspires the artist in all of us. Enjoy an evening of creativity that will light up our lives: hear music that gets us to our feet, take home your favorite fun poses from the SNAP FIESTA Photo Booth, see art that will delight our hearts, and make lanterns to take home and light up our world!
IMAGINE a world lit by creativity, joy, and unity. More than a 1,000 LED votive candles will be given out for our community art performance.The lights will be illuminated together in the shape of a heart – symbolizing the love for our city and arts and culture in our community. Come early! Votive candles will be distributed upon arrival on a first-come, first-served basis.
Lighting ceremony starts at 6 pm. RSVPs are encouraged to help us plan supplies, but not required. Come early to pick up your candles!
We thank our partners for their commitment to arts excellence: Aiqin Zhou Calligrapher & Painter l Andrea Gonzales l Daly City City Council l Daly City Fire Fighters’ Union LU 1879 l Daly City Library and Recreation l Daly City Public Library Associates l DeLue Clubhouse Daly City Boys and Girls Clubs l Holy Angels School l Jefferson Elementary School District l Jefferson High School I JUMP Into Writing l Mission Fusion I Nining Muir l Palabuniyan Kulintang Ensemble l San Francisco State Afro-Cuban Ensemble l SnapFiesta Photobooth l ViBO Music School l ViBO Simfani
We also thank our donors: San Francisco Examiner and SFWeekly l Republic Services l CitiScape Property Management l Energy Upgrade California + Conxión to Community l MB Financial & Insurance Services l FilamStar l Green Development Sustainable Technologies Alliance (GDSTA, LLC) l Molloy’s Tavern l Moonstar l Peninsula Reflections l Alex Herreria l Anna Mostella l Janet Banks l Julie Underwood l O’Rourke-Meadors
- What are the categories for the best costume contest? We’re looking for enthusiasm and creativity in the following categories: Best Dressed, Best Group, and Best Performance – and we’ll probably throw in a couple of others that strikes our imagination!
- What time will everything take place? See Final Program. Plan to arrive early to pick up your free candle. Candle lighting ceremony begins at 6 pm.
- What ages is the programming appropriate for? We believe that there is something for everyone of all ages and backgrounds.
- Will the event be cancelled for inclement weather? Nope. Please dress for the weather, especially for the lighting ceremony that takes place outside. We will go entirely indoors if it rains. It won’t rain, it won’t rain.
- Do I need a ticket to attend? No worries, just come. We just want to get an idea on how many people will be attending to plan for supplies.
- Can I volunteer for the event? Yahoo! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know of your interest.
- Who can I contact to ask more questions? We will love to hear from you, but please be patient for your answer as we are a volunteer group! Email us at email@example.com
- I want to help support this annual event – can I make a donation? Absolutely and THANK YOU! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make contact or send us a donation to: Julie Underwood, Assistant City Manager, DALY CITY 333 90th Street, Daly City CA 94015. For a contribution of $100 or more, you will be recognized on this website, our Eventbrite site, the Daly News, the Arts and Culture Commission’s Annual Report to the Daly City City Council, and in our event program and posters. Make sure you check in at our VIP table at the event. Donations are also welcome during the event.
MEDIA TOOLKIT: Press Release – English l Press Release – Spanish l Press Release – Chinese l Flyer – English l Press Release – Spanish l Flyer – Chinese l Poster – English l SF Examiner Ad l Danongan Kalanduyan Memorial l Final Program